Monday, May 11, 2009

Patience

Patience. I pray for patience. I pray for patience just about every day. And I want it now! Oops! My need for patience is most important with my relationship with my children. We always seem to be off to our next "thing." School, church, soccer, dinner, etc. How many times a day do I say "Come on!" When I hurry those little time suckers, they miss out on alot. They miss out on watching the ladybug make it to the top of the branch. They miss out on wondering which way the rain drop is going to roll when it slides down the windshield. They miss out on figuring out if they can wiggle their pinky toe without wiggling the other ones. And I miss out on them seeing discover all of those things. Today, I say a prayer for patience. If for no other reason than to let my children see me smile more often than they see me frown. Have you ever seen yourself frown in the mirror? It's not pretty. My grandmother always said, "sometimes you just have to choose to be happy." Most of the time when you "choose happy" before you know it, you actually are happy. Today, I "choose happy!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leslie.. that's a good one. I have to try and remind myself to remember that being happy is a choice. I really needed to read that today.

    PS. If you set it up so that people can leave their name and link to their blog too you'll probably get more folks participating. (fyi)

    ReplyDelete